08 Oct How Raymond Mansfield (Producer of Get Out) Changed The Way Movies Are Financed
Veteran producer Raymond Mansfield has been integrally involved in film production, as well as production and distribution financing for nearly two decades. Raymond is a founding partner of QC Entertainment, a company that finances and produces distinct, character-based, director-driven films. A one-stop solution entertainment finance and production company, QC develops, physically produces, finances productions, handles sales and distribution, and everything in between. QC’s recent released films include: Academy Award-winning, box office phenomenon “Get Out” (2017), the feature directorial debut of Jordan Peele, which was produced for $4.5m and opened as the #1 movie in America (with a 99% positive rating on Rotten Tomatoes) and grossed over $250m worldwide.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- [01:50] What’s Raymond’s background
- [05:25] Raymond worked at 3 Arts Entertainment
- [12:00] Raymond knew he wanted to be a creative producer
- [15:00] What separates winners from losers
- [19:05] How Raymond makes his projects investable
- [24:20] How did Raymond develop a long term view perspective
- [29:22] Process behind pitching projects
If you’ve enjoyed the episode, please subscribe to The Alex Berman Podcast on iTunes and leave us a 5-star review.