12 Jul How Rand Fishkin Is Planning To Build And Market His New Company
In 2004, Rand Fishkin, co-founded the SEO software company, Moz, where he served as CEO until 2014. In 2018, he left and founded SparkToro, a software and data company focused on helping people understand how and where to reach their target audiences. Rand is also the author of Lost and Founder: A Painfully Honest Field Guide to the Startup World (2018) and a frequent keynote speaker on marketing and entrepreneurship topics around the world. In his spare time, he mostly likes to hang out with his wife, Geraldine, and eat pasta.
This show is sponsored by Experiment 27. Get the sales and service agreement (free client contract template) Experiment 27 uses to close business HERE. [$1,000 value]
In this episode you’ll learn:
- [01:14] What is SparkToro
- [04:30] How did Rand approach starting SparkToro
- [08:00] How will Rand finance the company
- [12:09] What does Rand think about growth assumptions
- [13:46] What caused Rand to raise a second round of funding at Moz
- [16:15] How is Rand planning to market SparkToro
- [18:27] How to choose between improving your marketing and your product
- [19:57] How to shift between different business mindsets
- [21:10] Dealing with customer feedback
- [23:40] How is Rand choosing what to work on
If you’ve enjoyed the episode, please subscribe to The Alex Berman Podcast on iTunes and leave us a 5-star review.