07 Aug How To Book Meetings With Studio Heads And Get Into The Story Market w/ Dr. Ken Atchity
With more than forty years’ experience in the publishing world, and twenty-five years in entertainment, Dr. Ken Atchity is a self-defined “Story Merchant” – author, professor, producer, career coach, teacher, and literary manager, responsible for launching dozens of books and films. Ken’s life passion is finding great storytellers and turning them into commercial authors and screenwriters.
This show is sponsored by Experiment 27. Get the discovery call script & questions template HERE.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- [01:14] Dr. Ken’s first deal was for 8 movies
- [05:25] No one knows anything in Hollywood
- [06:14] Entertainment business is based on wild ideas
- [06:36] What stops someone from thinking outside the box
- [08:40] It took 22 years for Meg to get to the screen
- [12:13] Story market is very volatile
- [15:14] How is Dr. Ken setting up the meetings with studio heads
- [17:55] How to stay memorable
- [19:50] Pitching is an art
- [23:00] Difference between amateur and veteran pitching
- [23:55] What makes for a good film story
- [28:55] It’s hard to get in the story market at a national level
If you’ve enjoyed the episode, please subscribe to The Alex Berman Podcast on iTunes and leave us a 5-star review.