21 Aug How Highly Successful Writers Work And Put Deals Together w/ Edward Ricourt (Now You See Me & Jessica Jones)
Edward Ricourt is a writer and producer known for his work on Now You See Me, Now You See Me 2 and Marvel’s TV series Jessica Jones on Netflix.
This show is sponsored by Experiment 27. Get the discovery call script & questions template HERE.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- [00:49] What are movie execs doing during the summer
- [03:57] How to keep your projects going for a long time
- [05:52] Creating original work vs. helping others do better
- [09:43] How writing projects happen
- [12:10] How Edward got low-balled in the past
- [13:45] Who negotiates a salary for a project
- [15:15] Why some projects fall through
- [16:45] Do agents do due diligence for you
- [19:33] Why didn’t Edward write Now You See Me 2
- [25:30] A hit project is a gift that keeps on giving
- [26:35] What goes into a pitch at Edward’s level
- [28:30] Having a personal connection to a project
If you’ve enjoyed the episode, please subscribe to The Alex Berman Podcast on iTunes and leave us a 5-star review.