25 Sep Inside The Blumhouse Development Process w/ Dallas Jackson (Thriller)
Dallas Jackson is a producer of Thriller. Thriller is about a childhood prank that comes back to haunt a clique of South Central Los Angeles teens when their victim returns home during their high-school Homecoming weekend. Thriller is an American slasher film directed by Dallas in his directorial debut. The film was produced by Divide/Conquer and is being released by Blumhouse Productions. The film is scheduled to premiere at the LA Film Festival on September 23, 2018.
This show is sponsored by Experiment 27. Get the discovery call script & questions template HERE.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- [01:33] How did Dallas get to produce Thriller
- [05:30] What’s a meeting with Blumhouse like
- [09:01] Dallas sold Shady Tales to MTV
- [13:33] Finding a niche for your projects
- [16:35] How did Dallas’ role for Thriller evolve
- [19:25] Who did Dallas put on the team first
- [24:25] Which roles for the movie were filled first
If you’ve enjoyed the episode, please subscribe to The Alex Berman Podcast on iTunes and leave us a 5-star review.